1. IHC warrants this truck and all parts and components thereof for a minimum period of one year. Extended
warranties are provided for some major component s.
2. Cummins Engine Company Inc. warrants the truck engine for two years, or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs
3. The warranty is briefly described on a decal located on the left hand inside door post of the truck. This decal
is dated to provide the date of equipment manufacturer. Warranty starting date is based on the date of
acceptance as shown on Dk Form 240-9 in the log book.
4. Complete warranty statements are included in the rear of the Operator Manual.
5. When doubt of the time period, contact the local representative for IHC or, if not available, process the
warranty claim action in accordance with TM 38-750.
6. In all events warranty claim actions may be initiated at any level, i.e., Organizational, Direct Support, General
Support or Depot Maintenance.
7. Examine the component, part or assembly of an end item under warranty to determine if it meets the intended
criteria i.e., design deficiency or poor workmanship.
8. If the component, part or assembly meets the criteria described above, and the claim can be settled locally,
contact the local representative of IHC.
9 Warranty are to be processed under the warranty claims action published in TM 38-750.
10. In all events, warranty claim actions, whether settled locally or unsettled must be reported to the National
Maintenance Point. DA Form 2407 will be used to submit warranty claim action for end items. Wean
components, parts or assemblies are identified as being defective and are covered by manufacturer's warranty
and to obtain reimbursement for maintenance manhours expended in replacing the defective items. End items
under warranty are identified by a decal plate. All warranty actions settled or unsettled will be reported to the
national level. For warranties settled locally the DA Form 2407 will contain a statement in Block 35 "For