MOTOR TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
BODIES AND CABS
5. Remove door glass vent window upper pivot
CAB DOOR LOCK AND REMOTE CONTROL
screw and lock washer from vent window cradle.
The cab door lock and remote control assembly
must be removed and installed as a unit.
6. Remove door vent wing and glass from cradle.
7. Remove door vent glass window weatherseal.
1. Remove 3 screws securing door lock assembly
8. Center punch four rivet heads inside front run
to door, Fig. 21.
channel, Fig. 19.
9. Remove the four rivet heads using a 1/8 inch
drill, Fig. 20.
2. Disconnect door lock remote control rods from
outside door handle, Fig. 22.
10. Remove front run channel and weatherstrip from
3. Remove door lock assembly from door.
vent glass window frame.
Position the front run channel and weatherstrip into
vent glass window frame and secure with four rivets.
Reverse the foregoing procedure for installation.
CAB DOOR HANDLES To remove the/cab outside door
Door vent glass window and front run channel
handle, proceed as follows:
installation is accomplished by reversing the foregoing
1. Remove door lower panel as previously outlined
under "CAB DOOR GLASS REMOVAL AND
To assist in installing the vent glass
2. Remove door lock remote control rods from door
window weatherseal, coat the seal
handle, Fig. 22.
channel with soap solution.