BODIES AND CABS
MOTOR TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
3. Remove two nuts and washers securing outside
door handle to mounting bracket, Fig. 22.
1. The cab door opening flange and outer edge of
4. Pull door handle assembly out of door.
front floor panel must be cleaned free of all old
To Remove Cab Inside Door Handle:
cement or dirt before installing new seals.
2. Coat door opening flange with rubber cement.
1. Remove cab door upper panel as outlined under
3. Press new upper weatherseal into place on door
"CAB DOOR GLASS REMOVAL AND INSTA
4. Coat outer edge of floor panel with rubber
2. Disconnect door lock remote control rod from
inside door handle, Fig. 7.
5. Press new lower weatherseal into place on edge
3. Remove two nuts and washers securing door
of floor panel.
handle to mounting bracket, Fig. 7.
6. Reinstall door sill plate.
4. Remove door handle.
To remove the sun visor, take out the three screws
securing the visor support bracket to the cab header.
Reverse the foregoing procedures for inside and
outside door handle installation.
CAB DOOR LOCK CYLINDER
The windshield is of two-piece construction and the
To remove the lock cylinder from the lock case, the
glasses are formed to fit the windshield opening in the
lock case and shaft assembly must be removed from the
cab. A one-piece moulded weatherseal (weatherstrip)
door before the lock cylinder can be removed.
fits around the edge of both glasses and secures the
glass to the cab windshield opening. The windshield is
installed from the front of the cab. In replacing the
windshield it is recommended that a new weatherseal be
1. Remove outside door handle as outlined under
used at all times. A used weatherseal is apt to be
"CAB DOOR HANDLES."
stretched or deteriorated and should not be reused when
2. Remove lock cylinder case from door handle.
installing new windshield.
3. Place key in lock cylinder and insert a thin knife
blade in the small hole in the side of the lock
case. Lift up on lock cylinder retaining spring
If the windshield is not damaged and it is desired to
with knife blade, turn cylinder slightly to left and
replace the weatherseal only, it is advisable to first cut
away the portion of the seal which is moulded around the
flange in the cab, Fig. 23.
Cutting away the windshield weatherseal will allow
Reverse the foregoing procedure for lock cylinder
easier removal of the windshield and lessen the
possibility of breaking or cracking the glass being
removed. NOTE: Before removing windshield, it will be
CAB DOOR OPENING WEATHERSEALS
necessary to remove both windshield wiper arms and
blades. When replacing the cab windshield glass, the
Rubber weatherseals are cemented to the cab door
flange at the windshield opening in the cab must be
opening flange and form a weathertight seal around door
cleaned free of all old sealing compound or dirt before
opening when the door is closed.
installing a new windshield.
NOTE : To assist in installing the cab
windshield glass, coat weatherseal with
1. Pull old upper weatherseal from cab door
a soap solution.
2. Remove door sill plate and remove door lower