TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
BODIES AND CABS
5. Disconnect radiator upper and lower hose.
To remove grille, take out six machine
screws and lift off grille.
6. Disconnect water filter assembly.
7. Remove power steering reservoir.
8. Disconnect air bleed and deaeration hoses.
1. Raise hood.
9. Remove bolts securing radiator upper stay rods to
2. Remove two machine screws securing either front or
rear hood bracket.
10. Remove bolts securing radiator lower stay rod
brackets to radiator.
3. Remove one bolt each securing right and left hood
support brace to hood.
11. Remove two radiator lower mounting bolts.
4. Pull hood hinge rod out of remaining bracket.
12. Remove radiator and shell assembly.
5. Lift off hood assembly.
6. If necessary, hood can be separated into four pieces
To install radiator and shell assembly, reverse the
by pulling out piano hinge rods.
1. Remove six machine screws and take out grille.
2. Remove eight capscrews
and lift off
Radiator Sheet Metal Shell
The most practical method of replacing the radiator
3. Remove eight capscrews securing fan shroud.
sheet metal shell is by removing the grille, radiator shell,
radiator, shutters and fan shroud together as an
4. Take out eight capscrews and remove radiator core
from sheet metal shell.
To reassemble radiator, shell and related
1. Drain radiator.
components, reverse the foregoing disassembly
2. Remove hood (see hood removal).
3. Disconnect shutter linkage at bottom of shutter
4. Disconnect horn wire.