TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
3. Place valve guide and inlet and exhaust
NOTE It is important that filter be in
assembly into cover (wire will project through
good condition. Do not put valve back
into service without a clean filter.
4. Place body on cover and install capscrews and
Replace all parts not considered serviceable during
5. Install filter and adapter and screw in filter
For the assembly of valve, refer to Fig.
proceed as follows:
6. Install adapter and filter assembly in body and
Before assembling the valve, apply a light film of
grease on inlet valve seat. Do not apply oil to the inlet
7. Install drain valve in reservoir and reconnect
heater wire if drain valve is so equipped.
1. Place sealing ring in groove of cover.
NOTE Covers on the standard and
2. Place valve guide over inlet and exhaust valves.
Before returning the vehicle back to service perform
SERVICE CHECKS as outlined.