TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. Wash all metal parts in mineral spirits or
1. Connect 100 psi air pressure to reservoir port.
2. Inspect inlet valve seat in cage assembly.
2. Install air gauge in cylinder port. No leak allowed
must be smooth and free from nicks.
at exhaust port or around cage and cover
3. Inspect rubber face of inlet valve (22) and
exhaust valve (18). Wipe clean. Replace if
3. Apply pressure to service port. No leak allowed
worn, nicked or distorted.
at exhaust port or at assembly bolts.
4. Inspect lower end of plunger (11), it must be
5. Inspect two seals (6). If they are worn, press
out of body (1) and replace.
6. Scrape all traces of old gaskets (20) from mating
surfaces of cage assembly (21) and cap (23)
and body (1).
7. Orifice in body must be free of dirt.
1. Install spring (19) on exhaust valve stem (18)
and install in body cage (21). Apply inlet valve
(22), nut (24), and tighten securely.
2. Install new gaskets (20) on body cage. Install
cage assembly in body (1) with five lock washers
(26) and cap screws (25). Tighten securely.
3. Hold plunger (11) with threads facing upward,
install diaphragm (12) with bead facing down,
retainer plate (4) and tighten nut (16).
4. Apply light lubricant to outside of diaphragm and
plunger assembly (11) and install in body.
5. Install diaphragm (8), retainer (10) and screw (9)
in cap (7).
6. Locate cap on body and install three cap screws
(3) with lock washers (2). Install five bolts and
apply lock washers (14) and nuts (15). Tighten
all cover bolts securely.
7. Use thread protectors in all pipe ports to prevent
dirt entering the valve assembly.