TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
4. Remove the seal beam unit from the headlight,
Sealed beam headlights provide two separate and
distinct beams; namely, an upper beam for open highway
use and a lower beam to be used in city traffic or when
approaching vehicles on the highway. These headlights
were designed for easier night driving by the use of an
opaque shield over the light filament. This shield
reduces radiation of stray beams and improves lighting in
inclement weather. The Type sealed beam unit retainer
is held in position by a spring.
1. Remove the headlight bezel (rim).
5. Disconnect the three way connector, Fig. 4, at
2. Unhook the headlight retaining spring from the
the rear. Hold the connector firmly to avoid
headlight retainer, Fig. 1.
damage to the wiring. Remove the headlight
retainer from the sealed beam unit.
Do not loosen headlight adjusting screws shown in
The description of the Type2 headlight is the same
as Type1 except the retainer is attached by three screws.
1. Remove the headlight bezel (rim) retaining screw and
remove headlight bezel.