TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
Tool Locating Plate
Fig. 1-15, (V40172). ST-1168 Boring Tool.
pulling up on retractor knob while pushing down on set collar.
15. With drill on half inch drive of boring tool (ST-1168-3),
bore hole until drill freewheels. About half way down during
13. Loosen set collar setscrew and back off collar
cut, tool bit begins cutting out old counterbore ledge, operator
counterclockwise until salvage sleeve can be placed between
should have a firm grip on drill to be prepared for increased
collar and boring machine main body as a depth indicator.
load on drill from added metal being cut. Stop immediately
Tighten setscrew in set collar. Remove feeler gauge.
when drill freewheels.
Note: This spaces the set collar to cut a depth 0.
16. Retract tool holder by pulling up on retractor knob.
[0.10 mm] less than total height of salvage sleeve to be used.
Remove tool bit from tool holder. Clean away all shavings and
14. Place 1/2 inch drive flex adapter (ST-1168-48) in a 1/2
deburr bore with emery cloth.
or 3/4 inch heavy duty (10 amperes or more) hand drill.
INSTALLING SALVAGE SLEEVE
Do not use drill rated less than 10 amperes or over
1. Clean bore thoroughly with a nonpetroleum base
solvent or cleaner.