TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
Fig. -1-56, F6234. Inserting injector into ST-1058 pot
Fig. 6-1-58, F60205. ST1089 spacer used with injector
Fig. 6157, F60204. Installing injector in ST-990
Fig. 6-1-59, F60173. Adjusting knurled nut for feeler
5. Plug fuel inlet port with ST66814.
6. Install injector into ST990 and clamp into
position. Support plate may be tilted for easier
installation of injector. Fig. 6157.
7. Adjust knurled knob to obtain proper clearance
with feeler gauge between knob and locknuts.
See Fig. 6159. Do not adjust locknuts.
8. Install and tighten transfer line in injector drain
port. This is the port on operator's right, facing
front of test stand.
9. Tighten T-handle clamp. See Fig. 6-1-60.
10. Shift retraction lever from "A" to "B" position.
See Fig. 6161. This removes load from plunger
and allows it to be retracted from cup seat by
approximately 0.048 inch [1.22 mm] . Make sure
plunger retracts. The adherence of mating
Fig. 6-1-60, F60174. Tighten T-handle clamp
surfaces between plunger and cup sometimes
holds plunger Fig. 6160, F60174. Tighten T-
handle clamp In cup seat.
11. In this position presence of bubbles in bubble-
checker is disregarded. Read air flow meter at
top of ball float.