TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
pump housing or on gear pump, if used. Drain into
splash tray under pump.
Never operate gear pump having cooling drain with the
8. Never remove fuel pressure damper either during
testing or operation as it will cause erratic pump
performance and accelerate wear.
9. Use ST-774 Tachometer at the fuel pump tachometer
shaft connection to obtain most accurate speed readings
(unless using ST-775 or ST-848 stand).
10. The ST-848 test stands with 60-cycle current require
Fig 5-1-4, F5168. Mounting fuel pump with buffer type
only that the reverse or forward start button be pressed
depending on right or left hand pumps. Fig. 5-1-7.
11. The ST-848 test stands with 50-cycle current
requires a change in motor brush location to reverse,
motor for left hand fuel pumps. Fig. 5-1-8. Rotate
cover shown to position required by loosening two cover
12. Remove fuel pump mounted fuel filter and replace
with Fuel Filter Adapter, Service Tool No. 3375014, and
Fig. 5-1-5, F5169. Mounting fuel pump with spline drive
Fig. 5 1 7, F5170 60 cycle motor buttons
Check Pump Name Plate
1. The first item in top line is Control Pair Its List. 0101.
2. The next five spaces will be Shop Order Number.
3. The next six or eight Spaces give fuel pump Serial
No. 0101-11521-846067 or 0101-11521-DP205361.
4. The first space on bottom line will be stamped "L"
when pump is left handed. Some "V" series right hand
rotation engines require left hand pumps. Right hand
fuel pumps will not be stamped.
Fig 5-1-6, F5102 Connect gear pump suction line
5. The next seven spaces will be fuel pump BM or AR
number. 0101-11521-846067 L-BM-70486.