TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
Fig. 5-2-7, F5249. Aneroid exploded view
same bellows spring and shims or 2 piece shaft length is the
4. Dip new bellows in lube oil (SAE 20 or 30) and
same' when reused.
reassemble In reverse sequence making sure capscrew holes
In bellows align properly with corresponding holes in aneroid
body. The piston shaft nut or capscrew torque is 20 to 25 Inch
1. Drain oil and remove side cover, Part No. 114773
lbs [2.3 to 3.5 Nm] and the cover capscrew torque is 30 to 35
(this is pressed into aneroid body).
inch lbs 13.4 to 4.5 N. m .
2. Use a pencil or rod of suitable length inserted through
aneroid air inlet opening to depress piston slightly and pull
If bellows is wrinkled during assembly or if cover
shaft, Part No. 140358.
capscrews are over torqued, bellows will prematurely fail.
3. Replace "0" ring, lubricate with lube oil and
B. "O" Ring 114791 Replacement
reassemble in reverse sequence.
This can be accomplished without changing aneroid settings if
4. Clean cap bore In housing Use a new side cover,
screw position is not altered and
Part No. 114773.