TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
Preparing for Removal of Beam End
Fig. 9 Installing Equalizer Beam End Bushing
3. Continue pressing until bushing is centered
4. Install bushing set screw, if used.
Removing Equalizer Beam Center Sleeve and
1. Support beam in press, Using adapter made
from appropriate size standard tubing to fit
against center sleeve and bushing assembly,
press out bushing assembly. See Fig. 10.
Fig. 8. Removing Equalizer Beam End Bushing
Installing Equalizer Beam End Bushing
1. Apply a thin coat of white lead to outer diam-
eter of bushing sleeve.
2. Install sheave puller over bushing and com-
press rubber until puller jaws will seat on
the end of the bushing sleeve. Refer to Fig.
Fig. 10 Removing Equalizer Beam Center
Sleeve and Bushing