TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
9. Make reference marks on cylinder head, bearing
cap and gear housing for reassembly purposes.
10. Remove cylinder head and gasket, Fig. 12.
11. Remove bolts from the bearing cap, then turn the
actuating shaft and bearing cap out of the
actuating valve, Fig. 13.
NOTE: Some bearing caps may incorporate a seal and
seal retainer to prevent the entry o f dirt at the input end
of earn Fig 14.
[5. Pry dirt seal from the, bearing cap, Fig. 18.
12. Remove lock pin from the bear'ing retaining nut,
13. Use a spanner wrench, SE-2279, to loosen the
bearing retainer nut; then remove nut, Fig. 16.
14. Press actuating shaft from the bearing cap, Fig.
17. Do not dismantle the actuating shaft, as it is
only furnished as an assembly.