TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
HT 700D SERIES TRANSMISSION
Fig. 5-3. Removing modulator actuator rod
Figure. 5-4. Removing flywheel bolts
(5) Remove the four bolts that retain the governor
cover and gasket (fig. 5-2). Remove the cover and
(6) Carefully remove the governor by rotating it
clockwise while removing it.
(7) Remove the bolt that retains the modulator
retainer (fig. 5-2). Remove the retainer. 0 n earlier
models, remove the modulator actuator rod (fig. 5-3).
5-3. REMOVING FLYWHEEL, LOCKUP CLUTCH
a. Flywheel Bolts
(1) With the transmission in a horizontal position,
place a suitable container beneath the flywheel to retain
Fig. 5-5. Lifting tool installed on flywheel
any excess oil which may drain during removal of the
b. Flywheel and Attached Parts
(2) Remove twenty-nine of thirty bolts and washers
(1) Install lifting tool 60 (fig. 4-4) onto the flywheel
that retain the converter flywheel to the converter pump
(2) Attach a hoist to the lifting tool. Support the
weight of the flywheel during removal of the remaining
bolt and washer.