TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
HT 700D SERIES TRANSMISSION
Para .5-7- 5-9
5-7. REMOVING CONVERTER HOUSING a. Housing
with 2-Bolt Top Cover (no retarder)
(1) From inside the converter housing, remove the
two screws and washers that retain the pitot tube or (fig.
(2) Remove seven bolts and washers from the
inside of the converter housing (fig.5-25).
(3) Remove nine bolts and washers retaining the
converter housing to the transmission housing. Two bolts
were removed before the installation of the lifting bracket.
Refer to figure 5-1.
(4) Remove the converter housing from the
transmission housing with the lifting sling and place it on
the work table (fig. 5-26).
(5) Refer to paragraph 6-9 for rebuild of the
converter housing assembly.
(6) Remove the pitot tube or steel block (fig. 5-26).
freed in item (1), above.
Fig. 5-26 Removing torque converter housing
REMOVING FORWARD, FOURTH, THIRD
(1) If the pitot tube (fig. 5-30) was not removed from
the oil collector ring, remove it.
(2) Grasp the turbine shaft (fig. 5-31) and lift out the
forward clutch and turbine shaft assembly.
Do not let weight rest on the governor oil collector.
(3) During removal of the forward clutch assembly,
do not lose the needle bearing 18 (A, foldout 11) or race
19, if they adhere to the forward clutch hub.
Fig. 5-25 Removing pitot tube or block screws