TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
(5) Refer to paragraph 6-19 for rebuild of the
center support assembly.
(6) Attach lifting bracket 16 (fig. 4-2) to the main
shaft of the gear unit assembly (fig. 5-45).
(7) Attach a hoist to the lifting bracket eyebolt and
remove the gear unit and shaft assembly from the
transmission housing (fig. 5-45).
(8) Refer to paragraph 6-26 for rebuild of the gear
unit and shaft assembly.
(9) Remove the snapring that retains the second-
clutch plates (fig. 5-37). Remove the 13 second-clutch
Tie the second-clutch plates together, and
identify the pack. Identification is required at
(10) Remove the two bolts retaining the tool 8 (fig.
4-2), adapter housing and gasket to the transmission
housing (fig. 5-45). Remove the tool, housing and
(11) Refer to paragraph 6-23 for rebuild of the