TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
HT 700D SERIES TRANSMISSIONS
(8) Remove the roller holder by pulling on the
(2) Coat the pockets of stator 9, stator springs 10
thong attached to it. Push the roller race inward (rotating
and rollers 11 with oil-soluble grease.
clockwise) until the thrust bearing seats.
(3) Install stator roller holder 17 (fig. 4-2) into the
stator against the thrust bearing race installed in (1),
counterclockwise to lock it in place. Place the stator
above (fig. 6-9).
assembly, roller race upward until ready for installation.
(4) Install ten freewheel roller springs into the
Cover or wrap the assembly to keep out dust and dirt.
stator cam pockets. The springs must be positioned as
shown in figure 6-10 (5) Install ten freewheel rollers (fig.
6-9. TORQUE CONVERTER PUMP ASSEMBLY
(6) Install the thrust bearing onto the freewheel
a. Disassembly (B, foldout 7)
roller race (fig. 6-11).
(1) Flatten the corners of the lockstrips, and
(7) Start the freewheel roller race the roller holder
remove twelve bolts from the converter pump (fig. 6-12).
(fig. 6-11). Rotate the race clockwise to install it.
(2) Remove the bearing retainers. Remove pump
hub 27 (B, foldout 7), pump hub gasket 26, and sealring
28 from hub 27.
(4) If necessary for parts replacement, remove
bearing 25 or 31.
Remove sealring 20 from the
(5) Replacement of any converter balance weights
23, requires re-balancing of the converter pump.
Refer to paragraph 6-2, above.
Fig. 6-10. Spring and roller in stator cam.
Fig. 6.12. Torque converter pump components.
Fig. 6-11. Installing freewheel roller race.