TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
installed until the mounting bracket is removed. Tighten
the bolts to 67 to 80 pound feet (90 to 108 Nm) torque.
(10) Tighten the center support anchor bolt to
39 to 46 pound feet (53 to 62 Nm) torque (fig. 7-39).
Fig. 7-46 Installing torque converter pump assembly
7-15. INSTALLING TORQUE CONVERTER
PUMP, STATOR ASSEMBLIES
a. Pump Assembly
(1) Install the torque converter pump
assembly, as rebuilt in paragraph 6-9, onto the ground
sleeve (fig. 7-46). Check the sealring on the hub.
After transmission S/N 2081, the pump
Fig. 7-38 insulating pilot tube screw
bearing is a press fit on the ground
sleeve. It may be necessary to heat the
hub and bearing area of the pump
assembly to 300°F (149°C) with heated
oiI before installation.
(2) Align the slot in the pump hub with tangs
in the oil pump drive gear as the pump is being installed
(3) Install the splined washer and snapring to
retain the pump assembly (fig. 7-47).
(4) Install the sealring near the outer bolt
holes of the pump (fig. 7-47).
b. Stator Assembly
(1) Install the freewheel roller race and stator
assembly, as rebuilt in paragraph 6-8.
Fig. 7-39 Center support anchor bolt