TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
HT 700D SER IES TRANSMISSION
Fig. 7-61 Installing modulator actuator rod
Fig. 7-62 Installing modulator actuator retainer
a. External Components
b. Removing from Overhaul Stand
(1) Install the modulator pressure valve actuator rod
(1) Attach a hoist to the holding fixture that is
secured to the transmission (fig. 7-63).
(2) Install the modulator valve retainer and secure it
with one 5/16-18 x 9/16inch bolt (fig. 7-62). Do not
(2) Remove all fasteners that retain the holding
tighten the bolt at this time (modulator actuator will be
fixture and the transmission to the overhaul stand.
installed when the transmission goes into the vehicle).
Remove the transmission and fixture from the overhaul
(3) Install items 1 through 4 (A, foldout 9). Tighten
the bolts to 26 to 32 pound feet (35 to 43 Nm) torque.
(3) Remove the four bolts and nuts that retain the
holding fixture to the transmission. Remove the fixture.
(4) Install any nuts, bolts or washers that may have
been blocked by the transmission holding fixture (fig. 7-
63). Tighten the nuts to 83 to 100 pound feet (113 to
135 Nm) torque; tighten the bolts to 67 to 80 pound feet