GEARS AND CASE
24. Locate and secure front bearing cap cover (F-l)
27. Shift clutch collars (B-6 and B-16) back into
to drive gear bearing cap (F-7) with cap screws (F-4) and
neutral and rotate drive gear to make sure all shafts turn
lock washers (F-6). Torque cap screws fo 40 50 lbs. ft.
25. Place front transmission hanger over front
28. Use pressure type oil can to force lubricant down
bearing cap and assemble end yoke or flange with dirt
the oil holes and end slots of all floating gears on the
flinger on hub of yoke or flange (A-2). Assemble drive
mainshaft to flush out the grease and insure initial
gear with pusher tool. Observe the same caution and
lubrication of over-running gears and bearings. Use
procedure used in step 15.
regular auxiliary lubricant
26. Assemble flat washer (A-4) and nut (A-5) to end
of main drive gear. Lock auxiliary in two gears and torque
drive gear nut to 500 550 lbs. ft.