OIL PUMP REPAIR (Cont).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Dry cleaning solvent, PD680, is toxic and flammable. Always wear protective goggles and gloves,
and use only In a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and DO NOT
breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat. The solvents flash point is
100°F138°F (38°C590C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, Immediately get fresh
air and medical help. If solvent contacts eyes, Immediately wash your eyes and get medical aid.
1. Clean metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
2. Inspect metal parts for cracks, breaks, wear, or other damage. Replace if damaged.
3. Inspect drive gear and driven gear clearance as follows:
With drive gear, driven gear, oil pump cover, and screw installed to oil pump body, Inspect clearance
between drive gear and oil pump cover with feeler gage. Clearance should be no more than 0.006 in.
Inspect clearance between driven gear and oil pump cover. Clearance should be no more that 0.006 in.
4. Inspect bearing (8) in driven gear (7) for wear or damage. If bearing is damaged, press out bearing.
5. Apply thin coat of hydraulic fluid to surface of metal parts, bearing, and new oil seal.
6. Inspect pin (4) for damage. Replace if damaged.
When Installing oil seal, ensure that lip of oil seal faces downward.
1. Press new oil seal (6) flush with top surface of oil pump body (5).
2. If removed, press new bearing (8) into driven gear (7) until centered in driven gear.
3. Install driven gear (7) assembly and drive gear (3) into oil pump body (5).
4. Install oil pump cover (2) to oil pump body (5) with screw (1).
Install oil pump (see paragraph 6-15).