Table 1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) for M917A1, M917A1 with Material Control
System (MCS), M917A2, and M917A2 with MCS - Continued.
ITEM TO BE
Check all decals and stencils to ensure legibility.
To prevent burns, use caution when
removing fill cap of hydraulic reservoir when
hydraulic fluid is hot. Avoid contact with hot
hydraulic oil. Use extreme care when
draining hydraulic oil. Failure to comply may
result in personnel injury or death.
1. With dump body down and engine off, remove
magnetic drain plug from underside of reservoir
(Figure 2, Item 4). Drain hydraulic oil into a suitable
container, and dispose of in accordance with local
2. Remove fill cap (Figure 2, Item 2). Remove strainer
from reservoir (Figure 2, Item 4) (WP 0067). Clean
strainer and reinstall.
3. Replace hydraulic oil filter element (WP 0063).
4. Clean drain plug and reinstall.
Hydraulic reservoir capacity is 12.75 gal.
(48.2 l). DO NOT overfill.
5. Fill reservoir (Figure 2, Item 4) with lubricating oil
until level of fluid in sight tube (Figure 2, Item 1) is at
FULL mark as indicated on oil level decal
(Figure 2, Item 3). Install fill cap (Figure 2, Item 2).