TEST AND ADJUST CONTROL VALVE
1. Start engine and engage PTO (TM 9-2320-273-10). Raise dump bed, set up safety strut, and lower dump
2. Shut down system (TM 9-2320-273-10).
3. Remove hydraulic hose from control valve to pilot relief valve.
4. Install 3000 psi (20685 kPa) test gauge, tee fitting, 10 in. (25.4 cm) hose, and 16 in. (40.6 cm) hose
between control valve and pilot valve in place of hydraulic hose.
5. Start engine and engage PTO (TM 9-2320-273-10). Raise dump bed and lower safety strut and dump
6. Raise dump bed and set safety strut.
7. Remove acorn cap nut and gasket from relief valve on control valve.
8. Set engine speed at 2000 rpm (TM 9-2320-273-10).
9. Place control valve lever in cab in up position and hold.
10. Observe reading on test gauge. Gauge should indicate 2000 psi (13790 kPa). If not, adjust control valve
by loosening locknut on relief valve and turning adjustment screw clockwise to increase pressure or
counterclockwise to decrease pressure.
11. Tighten locknut and install gasket and acorn cap nut on relief valve.
12. Install safety strut and shut down system.
13. Remove test gauge, hoses, and tee fitting from control valve. Install hydraulic hose.
14. Start system, lower safety strut, lower and raise dump bed, and check for leaks.
15. Raise and lower dump bed and observe operation.
10 IN. HOSE
16 IN. HOSE
Figure 2. Control Valve Test Gauge Setup.
END OF TASK