TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
1. Press out lever or plunger roll pin.
1. Install new grommet on plunger.
2. If valve is of the push-pull type, loosen jam nut at
2. Apply a small amount of the lubricant listed in
control button, then remove button and jam nut.
LUBRICANT SPECIFICATIONS, Item 1, on the
plunger and insert plunger return spring and
3. Remove plunger and plunger return spring from
plunger in the body. Plunger must move freely
with only a slight drag due to grommet. Depress
plunger and then release; plunger spring must
4. Unscrew cap nut at inlet port and remove valve
spring and valve from body.
3. Apply a lubricant comparable to that listed in
5. Remove grommets from plunger and cap nut.
LUBRICANT SPECIFICATIONS, Item 1, to cap
nut grommet and position grommet on cap nut.
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. Wash all metal parts in cleaning solvent.
4. Position valve and valve spring in valve body.
2. Check plungers for damage.
5. Install cap nut in valve body.
plunger must be clean and free of all foreign
6. Position lever on top of plunger and align hole in
lever with hole in body.
3. Inspect small end (exhaust seat) of plunger
carefully; if chipped, worn or distorted, replace.
7. Install lever pin and stake edge of hole.
4. Check plunger retainer spring and valve spring
8. Install jam nut and button on push-pull type
valve. Install bracket on remote control (cable-
operated) type valve.
5. Valve body must be replaced if seat is worn
excessively or damaged.