TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
3. Install the bolt with the oil separator into the bottom
of the shell and through center hole of the perforated
plate in the bottom of the shell (Fig. 12).
Fig. 12 Installing Cartridge Bolt
4. Pour the entire package of desiccant material into
the shell making sure none is lost. Handle shell
carefully so that the bolt does not fall out (Fig. 13).
Fig 14 Installing Second Perforated Plate
6. Set the conical spring on top of the perforated plate
(large diameter down; small diameter up).
7. Place the spring retainer on top of the spring (Fig.
Fig. 13 Installing Desiccant
5. Level the desiccant material and install second
perforated plate, felt cloth down. Make sure the
shoulder of the bolt is centered and extends slightly
above the top of the perforated plate (Fig. 14).
NOTE: If the shoulder of the bolt does not
extend above the perforated plate, tap the side
of the desiccant container.
Fig. 15 Positioning Spring Retainer On Spring