Field Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) for M917 Dump Truck.
ITEM TO BE
1. Inspect all lamps for proper operation.
Side marker lights
(Figure 1, Item 1)
2. Inspect lens and housings for damage.
and rear marker
3. Replace marker lights as required. Refer
(Figure 1, Item 2).
4. Replace lamps as required. Refer to
Figure 1. Side Marker Lights and Rear Marker Lights.
Hydraulic reservoir 1. Inspect reservoir for leaks or damage.
Class III leaks are
(Figure 2, Item 1), 2. Check fluid level through hole in front of
upper sight glass
dump bed. Add fluid if not visible in
(Figure 2, Item 2),
upper sight glass.
and lower sight
3. Raise dump bed to maximum height and
check lower sight glass for fluid. Add
(Figure 2, Item 3).
fluid until fluid is visible in sight glass.
Figure 2. Hydraulic Reservoir, Upper Sight Glass, and Lower Sight Glass.