ILLUSTRATED LIST OF MANUFACTURED ITEMS
INITIAL SETUP: NOT APPLICABLE
This work package (WP) includes complete instructions for making items authorized to be manufactured or
fabricated at the field maintenance level.
HOW TO USE THE INDEX OF MANUFACTURED ITEMS
A part number index in alphanumeric order is provided for cross-referencing the part number of the item to be
manufactured to the information which covers fabrication criteria.
EXPLANATION OF THE ILLUSTRATIONS OF MANUFACTURED ITEMS
All instructions needed by maintenance personnel to manufacture the item are included on the illustrations. All
bulk materials needed for manufacture of an item are listed by part number or specification number in a
tabular list on the illustration.
PART NUMBER INDEX.
Hydraulic hose assemblies used on M917 Dump Truck Body are composed of properly cut lengths of specified
hose and one coupling for each end. To fabricate a hose assembly, perform the following:
1. Choose specified bulk stock for hose. Refer to Table 5 for bulk stock.
2. Cut bulk hose cleanly to specified length. Refer to Table 1 for hose lengths and hose specifications.
3. Install couplings onto ends of hose. Refer to Figure 1 for coupling and Figure 2 for specifications. The
following steps refer to exploded views of Figure 2 and apply to couplings at either end of hose.
a. Insert end piece (Figure 2, Item 6) into hose end (Figure 2, Item 3) as far as possible.
b. Position coupling halves (Figure 2, Items 2 and 4) around hose end (Figure 2, Item 3) so edges are
flush with end of hose.
c. Insert two bolts (Figure 2, Item 1) into coupling half (Figure 2, Item 2). Bolts (Figure 2, Item 1)
will come out of coupling half (Figure 2, Item 4) if pieces are properly aligned.
d. Install nuts (Figure 2, Item 5) and torque.
(1) Torque 7/16 in. diameter bolts for couplings on 1-in. hose to
40 lb-ft (54 N·m).
(2) Torque 1/2 in. diameter bolts for couplings on 1-1/4-in. hose to
60 lb-ft (81 N·m).
(3) Recheck torque on first bolt after torquing second bolt.