TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
Fig. 5-6. Remoting flywheel and turbine
Fig. 5-7. Removing oil pan screws
(3) Remove the flywheel and attached parts from the
converter housing (fig. 5-6). The guide bolts shown are
5-5. REMOVING OIL PAN, FILTER, VALVE BODIES
not required for removal.
a. Oil Pan, Filter
If the turbine remains with the flywheel as shown in figure
(1) Rotate the transmission to a vertical position,
5-6, care should be taken to prevent the turbine from
front end (converter housing) upward.
(2) Remove two pan screws (fig. 5-7) and install two
(4) Refer to paragraph 6-3 for rebuild of flywheel
5/16-18 guide bolts 30 (fig. 4-3).
(3) Remove the remaining twenty-one pan screws.
Remove the oil pan and gasket. Remove the guide bolts.
(4) Remove the screwthat retains the oil filter to the
valve body (fig. 5-10). Re