TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
Para 6-26 /6-30
HT 700D SERIES TRANSMI SS IONS
flat race 20 onto bearing 21, retaining each with oil-
6-29. FLEX DISK ASSEMBLY
a. Disassembly (A, foldout 7)
(9) At the rear of carrier assembly 25, install low sun
(1) If flex disk assembly 2 has not been removed
gear 24, extended hub first, over the rear end of shaft 11.
from the engine crankshaft, remove it.
Retain it with snapring 23.
(2) Remove twelve self-locking bolts 9 and
(10) Position the assembly, front upward, and
separate plate 8, flex disks 6 and 7, and hub assembly 3.
support the rear of carrier assembly 25.
(11) Install center planetary carrier assembly 10,
outer splines upward, into drum 17.
planetary ring gear 9, outer splines first, into drum 17.
Refer to paragraph 6-2, above.
Retain gear 9 with snapring 8.
b. Assembly (A, foldout 7)
(12) Install thrust washer 7 onto shaft 11. Install
sun gear and shaft assembly 6, larger diameter first, onto
(1) Install flex disk6 onto hub assembly 3, alining
the dowel pin hole in the disk with pin 5. Washers
attached to disk 6 must face toward hub assembly 3.
(13) Install thrust washer 5 onto the rear hub of
front planetary carrier assembly 4.
(2) Install flex disks 7 in the same manner.
assembly 4 so that thrust washer 5 seats on the front of
center planetary carrier assembly 10.
(3) Install plate 8, alining the plate with dowel pin 5.
(14) Install thrust washer 3, sun gear 2, and thrust
(4) Install twelve self-locking, 1/2-20 x 3/4-inch
washer 1 into the front of front planetary carrier assembly
bolts 9 through plate 8, disks 6 and 7, and into hub
assembly 3. Tighten the bolts to 96 to 115 pound feet
(5) Install flex disk assembly 2 onto the engine
crankshaft. Refer to the vehicle service manual for bolt
6-30. FRONT PLANETARY CARRIER ASSEMBLY
Refer to paragraph 6-26 for removal from gear
unit. Disassemble the planetary only if there is
evidence of undue wear or damage. Failure of
one pinion requires replacement of the entire
set because the pinions are selectively