TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
HT 700D SERIES TRANSMISSION
POWER TAKEOFF COMPONENTS
b. New Installation
a. Existing Installation
(1) Contact Detroit Diesel Allison Division for
approval of planned installation, or for recommendations.
(1) Unless space limitations prevent, install the PTO
components before the transmission is installed in the
(2) Speeds, type of duty, power requirements, and
other factors must be considered when adding a PTO to
(2) Use the proper shims or gaskets to establish
a transmission. If the job requirements of the PTO
satisfactory gear backlash(0.006 to 0.012 inch).
cannot be fully met by the transmission, the installation
will not be satisfactory. Also, the transmission could be
(3) Follow all of the recommendations in a, above.
Cork or other soft gasket
material cannot be used to
(4) If a lubrication source is required, the return line
mount the PTO. Use only the
from cooler-to-transmission may be tapped. Provide a
shims or gaskets recommended
0.032 inch restriction in the lubrication circuit (usually
by the PTO manufacturer.
already provided in PTO assembly).
(3) Connect the lubrication line (if used).