CONTROLLED SPREADING - CONTINUED
10. Have an assistant check thickness of material spread to determine if tailgate opening needs to be
adjusted. If so, stop the truck, place transmission in neutral, apply parking brake, and repeat procedure
given in step 3.
11. Maintain steady speed until all material has been spread. While moving, raise dump bed at interval by
moving T-handle control lever to UP position. This will keep material flowing freely under tailgate.
12. When dump bed is empty, move T-handle control lever (Figure 4) to down position and lower dump bed
Never leave dump bed raised or PTO engaged when driving to and
from job locations.
13. Disengage PTO (TM 9-2320-273-10).
14. Lift tailgate control lever up as far as possible. Slide safety loop over lever, refer to Figure 3.
Figure 3. Safety Loop.
Figure 4. T-Handle Control Lever.