TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
Fig. 6-1-36, F60197. Torquing cup retainer - injector in
Fig. 6-1-33, F60195. Installing retainer wrench on
Fig. 6-1-34, F60196. Torquing loading fixture stud of
Fig. 6-1-38, F60198. Checking plunger to cup binding
14. Remove injector from loading fixture being
careful not to hit cup on stud.
15. To check cup to plunger alignment, remove
plunger and coat with clean fuel oil or test oil
again. Install ST-1089 on plunger.
16. Hold injector in vertical position (cup down) and
allow plunger to drip a few drops of test oil into
17. Insert plunger about 1/2 inch (12.7 mm] into
barrel to be certain plunger is started straight.
18. Jam coupling with palm of hand to seat plunger
in cup and rotate 90 deg. while holding plunger
firmly against cup seat.
Fig. 6-1-35, F60235. Adjusting air pressure on ST-1298
19. Hold injector with cup up and plunger should slide
out when injector is lifted quickly.
20. If plunger does not slide out, remove plunger, coat
tip and repeat test.