TRUCK SERVICE MANUAL
HT 700D SERIES TRANSMISSION
(4) Install two 1/2-13 x 2 3/8-inch guide
screws 37 (fig. 4-3). One in the converter housing and
one in the transmission housing (fig. 7-36).
(5) Install two #10-32 x 6-inch guide screws
40 (fig. 4-3) into the pitot tube. Exit port of pitot tube
must face toward guide bolts (fig. 7-36). Install the pitot
tube and guide bolts so that the guide bolts enter the
screw holes in the converter housing, and entrance port
of pitot tube faces outward (toward pitot collector ring)
(6) Install the converter housing onto the
transmission housing, using care to avoid damage to the
pitot tube and the collector ring (fig. 7-36).
(7) Install seven 1/2-13 x 2-inch bolts and
washers at the inside of the converter housing (fig. 7-
37). Tighten the bolts 67 to 80 pound feet (90 to 108
(8) Install the pitot tube screws and washers
as each guide bolt is removed (fig. 7-38). Tighten the
screws to 30 to 48 inch pounds (3. 4 to 5.4 Nm) torque.
Fig. 7-35. Installing forward clutch assembly
(9) Install nine 1/2-13 x 2-inch bolts and
washers through the transmission housing into the
converter housing (fig. 7-37). The two remaining bolts
and washers cannot be
Fig. 7-36. Installing converter housing assembly
Fig. 7-37. Installing converter housing bolts
(3) Attach a lifting sling to the converter
housing (fig. 7-36). Raise the converter housing
assembly above the transmission.